WIN! £150 of Co-op vouchers to mark Fairtrade Fortnight
- Credit: Archant
We’re being asked to go bananas during Fairtrade Fortnight – and today’s Hunts Post is giving you a helping hand!
The fortnight – from February 24 to March 9 – marks the launch of the Fairtrade Foundation’s ‘Make Bananas Fair’ campaign to transform the world’s banana industry and we’ve teamed up with the Central England Co-operative foodstores at Constable Road, St Ives; Old Great North Road, Eaton Socon; and Newtown Road, Ramsey, to give you the chance to win a great prize and add your weight to the campaign.
Fairtrade aims to get better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world.
And although over 1.2billion Fairtrade bananas are now sold in the UK each year, only one-in-three bananas sold are Fairtrade – so, we still have a long way to go.
Central England Co-operative – formed following the merger of Anglia Co-operative and Midlands Co-operative – is a passionate supporter of Fairtrade, with scores of products on the shelves of its stores at St Ives, Eaton Socon and Ramsey contributing to the £23.3million premium generated in the UK during 2012-2013 for Third World growers.
You may also want to watch:
Today’s Hunts Post is giving you the chance to win one of three prizes of £150 worth of vouchers to spend on Fairtrade products at the stores. And even if you’re not lucky enough to scoop the prizes you can still pocket a great saving and help the Fairtrade cause by using the special coupon on this page – giving you the chance to save £6 on your next £40 shop at the stores.
If you buy Fairtrade you’ll be helping to make a difference in 58 Third World countries – generating money for things that we take for granted ... like fresh water, schools, hospitals and roads.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Covid-19 response team deliver gift packs to community heroes
To stand a chance of winning one of the prizes, all you have to do is answer the following question:
Which country is the world’s largest producer of bananas?
Email your answer – along with your name and contact number – to email@example.com (putting Anglia Co-op in the subject box) or send them on a sealed envelope or postcard to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB. Usual Archant competition rules apply. Closing date is February 14.