Wilks & Proctor: Renamed, recorded and on tour
MARK Wilks and Jimmi Proctor, who won the first Almost Famous song competition in June, have completed their recording session at Fast Track Studios. The two songs can be heard at www.myspace.com/themojorisingmusic
MARK Wilks and Jimmi Proctor, who won the first Almost Famous song competition in June, have completed their recording session at Fast Track Studios.
The two songs can be heard at www.myspace.com/themojorisingmusic and both are very impressive songs and recordings. Setting Sun is a stomping mod and Britpop inspired rocker with a lot of soul and attitude. Much more Paul Weller than Oasis with some incredible guitar sounds - it's not your average overlayed fancy lead guitar, but the real spine of the track with perfect feeling.
The lead guitar is just as valuable in their re-recording of competition winner When We Were Young. Here the guitar has a soothing, but sad Champagne Supernova feel, again with the most beautiful tone. I have to admit that I was a little worried that the studio might clean off the soul of this song and take away the fragility of the original recording, but if anything, it heightens that feeling by making the lazy feel seem more of an aim than a product of their previous recording restrictions.
The duo have named themselves The Mojo Rising and will be playing their first live dates at CB2 Cafe in Cambridge on Monday, September 24 and at The Portland Arms, Cambridge on Friday, October 19.
More info: www.myspace.com/themojorisingmusic or www.theuncool.co.uk
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month