Wilks & Proctor: Renamed, recorded and on tour
MARK Wilks and Jimmi Proctor, who won the first Almost Famous song competition in June, have completed their recording session at Fast Track Studios. The two songs can be heard at www.myspace.com/themojorisingmusic
MARK Wilks and Jimmi Proctor, who won the first Almost Famous song competition in June, have completed their recording session at Fast Track Studios.
The two songs can be heard at www.myspace.com/themojorisingmusic and both are very impressive songs and recordings. Setting Sun is a stomping mod and Britpop inspired rocker with a lot of soul and attitude. Much more Paul Weller than Oasis with some incredible guitar sounds - it's not your average overlayed fancy lead guitar, but the real spine of the track with perfect feeling.
The lead guitar is just as valuable in their re-recording of competition winner When We Were Young. Here the guitar has a soothing, but sad Champagne Supernova feel, again with the most beautiful tone. I have to admit that I was a little worried that the studio might clean off the soul of this song and take away the fragility of the original recording, but if anything, it heightens that feeling by making the lazy feel seem more of an aim than a product of their previous recording restrictions.
The duo have named themselves The Mojo Rising and will be playing their first live dates at CB2 Cafe in Cambridge on Monday, September 24 and at The Portland Arms, Cambridge on Friday, October 19.
You may also want to watch:
More info: www.myspace.com/themojorisingmusic or www.theuncool.co.uk
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic