Why should council move into Huntingdon Town Hall?
I READ with utter amazement the article in relation to Huntingdon Town Hall (Hall contract, September 28).
So it is going to cost the taxpayer �890k to renovate the town hall. What on earth has gone wrong with it to warrant almost a million pounds of renovations? And then to add insult to injury they announce they are going to transfer the town council into the hall! Why can’t the town council move into Pathfinder House? It’s certainly big enough and I can’t believe all the offices are filled up, especially after the district council has reduced staffing levels.
And, while we are on the subject of Pathfinder House, I have a suggestion for HDC: If you want to save money why don’t you turn all the lights off at night or are they to be this year’s Christmas illuminations?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 9 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'