Why should council move into Huntingdon Town Hall?
I READ with utter amazement the article in relation to Huntingdon Town Hall (Hall contract, September 28).
So it is going to cost the taxpayer �890k to renovate the town hall. What on earth has gone wrong with it to warrant almost a million pounds of renovations? And then to add insult to injury they announce they are going to transfer the town council into the hall! Why can’t the town council move into Pathfinder House? It’s certainly big enough and I can’t believe all the offices are filled up, especially after the district council has reduced staffing levels.
And, while we are on the subject of Pathfinder House, I have a suggestion for HDC: If you want to save money why don’t you turn all the lights off at night or are they to be this year’s Christmas illuminations?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter