Why should council move into Huntingdon Town Hall?
I READ with utter amazement the article in relation to Huntingdon Town Hall (Hall contract, September 28).
So it is going to cost the taxpayer �890k to renovate the town hall. What on earth has gone wrong with it to warrant almost a million pounds of renovations? And then to add insult to injury they announce they are going to transfer the town council into the hall! Why can’t the town council move into Pathfinder House? It’s certainly big enough and I can’t believe all the offices are filled up, especially after the district council has reduced staffing levels.
And, while we are on the subject of Pathfinder House, I have a suggestion for HDC: If you want to save money why don’t you turn all the lights off at night or are they to be this year’s Christmas illuminations?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space