Why no footpath?
I WOULD like to know why there is no footpath or cycle lane running from the top end of Sapley Road to Kings Ripton Road. The current footpath in Sapley Road ends at the playing fields and then re-starts at the entrance to the car park for the same playin
I WOULD like to know why there is no footpath or cycle lane running from the top end of Sapley Road to Kings Ripton Road.
The current footpath in Sapley Road ends at the playing fields and then re-starts at the entrance to the car park for the same playing fields in Kings Ripton Road.
It has long been hoped by residents in Hartford and the "birds estate" that getting to the leisure parks and Tesco would be made safer and easier, without the use or need of a car. In particular, as there is no access to public transport for residents of the estate and the top end of Sapley Road, it still means that pedestrians have to walk along muddy verges, in dangerous roads or across the playing fields.
With Persimmon building new homes on the site opposite the playing fields, I cannot understand why an agreement was not set in place for the builders to link the pathways. They have put in footpaths from the new estate for residents to get to the leisure and industrial parks but not for their safe journey by foot to Sapley Road. This is a wasted golden opportunity, a view expressed by a lot of local residents.
You may also want to watch:
With the current climate of trying to reduce unnecessary usage of cars, reduction of carbon emissions and to get people fitter, it does seem ludicrous that the large population of Hartford and the birds estate cannot walk to the cinema or to shop.
GINA CRUICKSHANK, Huntingdon Liberal Democrats, Eagle Way, Hartford
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31