Why can only ‘normal people’ use Huntingdon loos?
COUNCILLOR Nigel Pauley appears to think anti-animal cruelty protesters wreck public toilets and are not ‘normal’ residents (Council concerned by protesters using toilets, The Hunts Post, November 2).
I hope his remarks have been taken out of context. He is entitled to disagree with the protesters opinions and tactics, but not to treat them as inferior to ‘normal’ residents.
I generally find that, if you treat someone with respect, they’re more likely to behave in a rational and reasonable way.
Cllr Pauley’s alleged remarks make me - and I’m not one of the protesters - want to relieve myself in his garden.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire