Who ordered branches clearance on Ramsey path?
WHOSE bright idea was it to clear overhanging branches from the path in Ramsey Town Cemetery?
I am referring to the path accessed by the little bridge on the footpath behind the Milifields playing field aka Queen Elizabeth II playing field.
This time of year it was a delight to walk along there submersed in the scent of the lilacs. Alas, no more.
Back in the winter a policy of indiscriminate cut and slash was carried out.
It was no fault of the labour used, which was offenders putting back into the community. They did a thorough job and stacked the dead material into a hedge.
You may also want to watch:
The fault lies with the people in charge who had no knowledge or simply didn’t care what they ordered to be cut. Everything went including all the lilac.
Now instead of a fragrant pathway, we have a weed infested expanse of bare earth. Welt done!!! I accept that some of the overhanging branches prevented easy access but why oh why could not the work have been done sensitively and with due care for the trees now destroyed? Senseless waste!
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'