Who is your Hinchingbrooke hero?
THE diamond anniversary of the NHS will be celebrated in Huntingdonshire this summer with a search for the service s very own diamonds among the staff and volunteers. To mark the 60th anniversary of the National Health Service, Hinchingbrooke Hospital is
THE diamond anniversary of the NHS will be celebrated in Huntingdonshire this summer with a search for the service's very own diamonds among the staff and volunteers.
To mark the 60th anniversary of the National Health Service, Hinchingbrooke Hospital is holding the Hinchingbrooke Diamonds award scheme.
The one-off event will celebrate the NHS's birthday by highlighting the good work carried out by all of the people who work at the hospital's site in Huntingdon.
There are seven categories to the awards, including one which Hunts Post readers can help decide by nominating the person they think is the Positive Face of Hinchingbrooke - someone who is passionate about where they work and their job.
Mark Millar, chief executive of Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust, said the scheme will highlight some of the extraordinary people who work for the hospital.
"As one of the area's largest employers the people who work here not only contribute to the NHS, but to their local community too," he said. "We hope to receive nominations for those people who give to the NHS and wider afield.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 4 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
"In particular, we would like to receive nominations from members of the public for the Hunts Post-sponsored Positive Face of Hinchingbrooke Award - an award which aims to recognise the person who really acts as an ambassador for the NHS in their local community.
"This could be a member of your family or a friend of neighbour who works on the Hinchingbrooke site and is passionate about their job and where they work."
The other awards are:
* The Prospect Healthcare (Hinchingbrooke) Contribution to Site Maintenance Award
* Achievement Through Development Award
* Colleague Care Award
* The Hunts Post Positive Face of Hinchingbrooke
* Community Star Award
* Helping Hand Award
* Patient care Award
Andy Veale, editor of The Hunts Post, said: "Hinchingbrooke Hospital has a reputation for quality healthcare and is a much-loved, respected and essential facility for Huntingdonshire.
"The recent prospect of the hospital being downgraded brought thousands of people out on the streets of Huntingdon for a protest march to protect the services and staff. We now have the chance to once again show our support for the hospital by supporting these awards and nominating those people who make Hinchingbrooke the success it is."
INFORMATION: To nominate a person as the positive face of Hinchingbrooke pick up a nomination form at the hospital or by e-mailing email@example.com. The deadline is Tuesday, July 1. The winners of the awards, which are open to everybody who works on the hospital site, will be announced at a ceremony on July 24 at Hinchingbrooke Country Park.
Details of where to return the nominations are contained on the form.