Who is littering our village?
I LIVE in a small village north of Huntingdon, and on Saturday we had a village litter-pick.The collection was unbelievable – a huge heap of litter sacks crammed full of discarded cans, cigarette packets, takeaway rubbish and, most amazing of all, a good
I LIVE in a small village north of Huntingdon, and on Saturday we had a village litter-pick.
The collection was unbelievable - a huge heap of litter sacks crammed full of discarded cans, cigarette packets, takeaway rubbish and, most amazing of all, a good collection of soiled disposable nappies.
I am sure none of the members of the village were responsible for this disgusting behaviour, so who is it that drives down our country lanes throwing out their detritus and spoiling the area for others and maybe causing a health hazard?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 9 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020