Who is in charge of Huntingdon High Street?
IT is always a shame when we lose another shop from our High Street, but surely there should be some control over how the shops are boarded up.
I was dismayed to see the recently-closed-down Curry’s store with its rough unpainted boarding, which appeared to have been put together with oddments from my garden shed.
On top of this was a metal cage, finished off in the top right-hand corner with a large ventilation hole which had already trapped a plastic carrier bag happily waving in the wind.
Who is in charge of our High Street? Please would someone take control before the rot sets in – set a standard and stick to it.
Mrs A DOEL
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital