Who is in charge of Huntingdon High Street?
IT is always a shame when we lose another shop from our High Street, but surely there should be some control over how the shops are boarded up.
I was dismayed to see the recently-closed-down Curry’s store with its rough unpainted boarding, which appeared to have been put together with oddments from my garden shed.
On top of this was a metal cage, finished off in the top right-hand corner with a large ventilation hole which had already trapped a plastic carrier bag happily waving in the wind.
Who is in charge of our High Street? Please would someone take control before the rot sets in – set a standard and stick to it.
Mrs A DOEL
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester