Who is in charge of Huntingdon High Street?
IT is always a shame when we lose another shop from our High Street, but surely there should be some control over how the shops are boarded up.
I was dismayed to see the recently-closed-down Curry’s store with its rough unpainted boarding, which appeared to have been put together with oddments from my garden shed.
On top of this was a metal cage, finished off in the top right-hand corner with a large ventilation hole which had already trapped a plastic carrier bag happily waving in the wind.
Who is in charge of our High Street? Please would someone take control before the rot sets in – set a standard and stick to it.
Mrs A DOEL
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours