Where is the plan?
IT is regrettable that Councillor Giles should seek to trivialise the points made in my letter to The Hunts Post (July 11) and attempt to silence me from speaking up for the people of St Neots. I can assure Lib Dem councillors that promises and claims mad
IT is regrettable that Councillor Giles should seek to trivialise the points made in my letter to The Hunts Post (July 11) and attempt to silence me from speaking up for the people of St Neots.
I can assure Lib Dem councillors that promises and claims made by them in order to get elected will not be forgotten by either those who voted for them or those that did not.
It is not "mischief making" to remind Lib Dem supporters what they voted for. I am accused of being politically naive apparently for suggesting that the Lib Dems should deliver their election promises. It is now three months since the election but the "immediate negotiations" promised for a cinema have not taken place. All we have heard is reasons why it is not possible. If these reasons are genuine, they would have been known by the Lib Dems when they promised exactly the opposite.
And where is the plan? Where is the strategy? They simply don't exist.
You may also want to watch:
If the Lib Dems truly believe they can't deliver a cinema then why aren't they picking themselves up and trying to get the town its much needed pool or youth facilities?
The Lib Dem leader, Cllr Gordon Thorpe, said in his "vision" that he saw town council land being swapped and sold off to the value of £3million. Perhaps the Lib Dems should tell us which land they intend selling? If land is to be swapped, what is it to be swapped for? If not district council land, maybe they are looking for the man with a bag of magic beans?
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
Councillor BARRY CHAPMAN
Editor's note: This correspondence is now closed.