Where are Huntingdon runners for Olympic Torch?
I COULDN’T help but notice that out of the 10 people selected to carry the torch through Huntingdon, only four have any connection with Cambridgeshire, and only ONE with Huntingdon.
Not only do these ‘strangers’ have to run around a town they’ve probably never heard of before, but they have to do it wearing a suit more appropriate for the resident of a 19th century madhouse.
What a farce bringing a runner all the way from Bournemouth for a 300m run in a rural town in East Anglia. What great brain thought of that one?
Where are the are the local children and grown-up residents who are so enthusiastic? Somebody from The Papworth Trust? A local brownie or scout? What about one of the many people who give up their time in support of the many activities around the local area?
No wonder the whole thing is costing us a fortune.
I call humbug.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day