Where are Huntingdon runners for Olympic Torch?
I COULDN’T help but notice that out of the 10 people selected to carry the torch through Huntingdon, only four have any connection with Cambridgeshire, and only ONE with Huntingdon.
Not only do these ‘strangers’ have to run around a town they’ve probably never heard of before, but they have to do it wearing a suit more appropriate for the resident of a 19th century madhouse.
What a farce bringing a runner all the way from Bournemouth for a 300m run in a rural town in East Anglia. What great brain thought of that one?
Where are the are the local children and grown-up residents who are so enthusiastic? Somebody from The Papworth Trust? A local brownie or scout? What about one of the many people who give up their time in support of the many activities around the local area?
No wonder the whole thing is costing us a fortune.
You may also want to watch:
I call humbug.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 7 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 8 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 9 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls