Where are Huntingdon runners for Olympic Torch?
I COULDN’T help but notice that out of the 10 people selected to carry the torch through Huntingdon, only four have any connection with Cambridgeshire, and only ONE with Huntingdon.
Not only do these ‘strangers’ have to run around a town they’ve probably never heard of before, but they have to do it wearing a suit more appropriate for the resident of a 19th century madhouse.
What a farce bringing a runner all the way from Bournemouth for a 300m run in a rural town in East Anglia. What great brain thought of that one?
Where are the are the local children and grown-up residents who are so enthusiastic? Somebody from The Papworth Trust? A local brownie or scout? What about one of the many people who give up their time in support of the many activities around the local area?
No wonder the whole thing is costing us a fortune.
You may also want to watch:
I call humbug.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital