When will I be Famous?
A talented teenage dancer and singer from Eynesbury has been auditioning to appear on a prime time TV talent show. Marie Thomas, 15, who attends St Neots Community College and dances three times a week at the Langdale Academy of Dance, sailed through th
A talented teenage dancer and singer from Eynesbury has been auditioning to appear on a prime time TV talent show.
Marie Thomas, 15, who attends St Neots Community College and dances three times a week at the Langdale Academy of Dance, sailed through the first two auditions for the BBC's When Will I Be Famous, presented by Graham Norton.
The young performer said she was thrilled to have got this far and is waiting for a call back, which she expects in the next couple of weeks.
"The judges were smiling all through my auditions so, hopefully, they like me enough to let me go through to appear on television," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Marie sang One by One for her auditions and is trying to forge her professional dance and singing career further by auditioning for the Body Work dance company, in Cambridge.
Her dance teacher and founder of the Langdale Academy of Dance, Tom Langdale, said: "The future is mapped out for this young performer. She has the passion to go far and I only hope the best for her."
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 3 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 6 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 7 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 8 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 9 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
INFORMATION: When Will I Be Famous is shown Saturday nights on BBC1.
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 0857