When will I be Famous?
A talented teenage dancer and singer from Eynesbury has been auditioning to appear on a prime time TV talent show. Marie Thomas, 15, who attends St Neots Community College and dances three times a week at the Langdale Academy of Dance, sailed through th
A talented teenage dancer and singer from Eynesbury has been auditioning to appear on a prime time TV talent show.
Marie Thomas, 15, who attends St Neots Community College and dances three times a week at the Langdale Academy of Dance, sailed through the first two auditions for the BBC's When Will I Be Famous, presented by Graham Norton.
The young performer said she was thrilled to have got this far and is waiting for a call back, which she expects in the next couple of weeks.
"The judges were smiling all through my auditions so, hopefully, they like me enough to let me go through to appear on television," she said.
Marie sang One by One for her auditions and is trying to forge her professional dance and singing career further by auditioning for the Body Work dance company, in Cambridge.
Her dance teacher and founder of the Langdale Academy of Dance, Tom Langdale, said: "The future is mapped out for this young performer. She has the passion to go far and I only hope the best for her."
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: When Will I Be Famous is shown Saturday nights on BBC1.
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 0857