When do the clocks go back? Tonight
TONIGHT is the night we’ve all been waiting for - the clocks go back and we get an extra hour in bed.
Tonight at 2am, the time goes back to 1am to give back the hour that was lost in March when British Summer Time began.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging residents to test smoke alarms at the same time as they turn back the clocks.
Andy Tucker, risk manager for the fire service, said: “Everyone soon notices when a clock stops ticking, but it’s not so easy to be sure that your smoke alarm is still in working order. Whether the battery is flat, has been used for a kid’s toy or the connection is loose, everyone should take the time to test.
“You’re more than four times as likely to die in a fire without a working smoke alarm, but only half of people who own an alarm say they take the time to check it regularly.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all looking forward to getting that extra hour’s sleep at the end of British Summer Time, but knowing that your smoke alarm is in working order could help you sleep that little bit better. As you put your clocks back on October 28 or 29, remember to also push the button on your smoke alarm – it could save your life.”
- 1 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings