What's On in Huntingdonshire this weekend
THE weather may scupper plans for a trip to the seaside this weekend, but there s still plenty to do in Huntingdonshire. Below are some suggestions to keep you and the family occupied on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday If you fancy some free music, th
THE weather may scupper plans for a trip to the seaside this weekend, but there's still plenty to do in Huntingdonshire.
Below are some suggestions to keep you and the family occupied on Saturday and Sunday.
If you fancy some free music, the Ouse Valley Jazz Band will be playing in Chequers Court, Huntingdon between noon and 2pm.
At Huntingdon Cinema the new family film is G-Force.
The story centres on a team of trained secret agent guinea pigs who take on a mission for the US Government.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
Moth lovers will be able to get up close to the creatures and have breakfast at Paxton Pits Nature Reserve.
Moth watching goes with a breakfast of cereals, toast, fruit juice and tea or coffee.
It's �3 per person, pay on the day.
Music in the evenings is taking place at The Three Horseshoes, Houghton (8pm), Floods Tavern, St Ives (8pm) Seven Wives, St Ives (12-10pm) Hyde Park, St Neots (9pm), and the Victoria Inn, Huntingdon (9pm).
Holywell Cum Needingworth hosts its annual fruit, flower and vegetable show in the village hall. Also crafts, wine, photography and cookery and raffle.
It runs from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and entry is free.
Beer lovers should head to the Black Bull in Brampton for its beer festival. It runs until Sunday and will have more than 10 types of real ales and beer.
BLACK BULL, BRAMPTON
St George and the Turkish Knight, mummers' play will be at the Black Bull in Brampton with performances at 2pm to 2.15pm, 3pm to 3.15pm and 4pm to 4.15pm.
And it's free.
Free afternoon music will be played at Huntingdon Riverside Park from 2.30pm to 4.30pm, Abbey Green, Ramsey, 2.30 - 4.30pm, The Waits, St Ives 2.30pm to 4.30pm, and St Neots Riverside Park 2.30pm - 4.30pm.