What price bus fares?
REGULAR bus passengers in Huntingdon are set for cheaper rides following Stagecoach s takeover of Huntingdon and District Buses (The Hunts Post, April 2). The Perth-based company plans to introduce a flat-rate daily fare of £5 or £20 per week from April
REGULAR bus passengers in Huntingdon are set for cheaper rides following Stagecoach's takeover of Huntingdon and District Buses (The Hunts Post, April 2). "The Perth-based company plans to introduce a flat-rate daily fare of £5 or £20 per week from April 6."
I am a regular bus user for work purposes, travelling to Cambridge from Huntingdon and back five days a week. In advance of Stagecoach's takeover my weekly multi-bus ticket cost £25. When I asked for my ticket on Monday April 6, I was told it would be £28.
Unless my maths is far worse than I imagined, it would seem I am not getting a cheaper ride, but somewhat being taken for one.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 4 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year