What price bus fares?
REGULAR bus passengers in Huntingdon are set for cheaper rides following Stagecoach s takeover of Huntingdon and District Buses (The Hunts Post, April 2). The Perth-based company plans to introduce a flat-rate daily fare of £5 or £20 per week from April
REGULAR bus passengers in Huntingdon are set for cheaper rides following Stagecoach's takeover of Huntingdon and District Buses (The Hunts Post, April 2). "The Perth-based company plans to introduce a flat-rate daily fare of £5 or £20 per week from April 6."
I am a regular bus user for work purposes, travelling to Cambridge from Huntingdon and back five days a week. In advance of Stagecoach's takeover my weekly multi-bus ticket cost £25. When I asked for my ticket on Monday April 6, I was told it would be £28.
Unless my maths is far worse than I imagined, it would seem I am not getting a cheaper ride, but somewhat being taken for one.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer