What price a by-election, compared with the wars?
PLEASE keep printing letters from Ivan Westley: they give me my biggest laugh of the week. In today s Britain, Ivan is the only man in step in supporting the Labour Government. Everybody else, of course, is out of step. He complains about a by-election ca
PLEASE keep printing letters from Ivan Westley: they give me my biggest laugh of the week. In today's Britain, Ivan is the only man in step in supporting the Labour Government. Everybody else, of course, is out of step.
He complains about a by-election caused by David Davis's conscience. Of course he doesn't understand this, because nobody in the Labour Government has any idea what a conscience is.
As for worrying about the cost of the election to the taxpayers, the Bible tells us to take the plank out of our own eye before taking the speck out of our neighbour's eye. What is a few thousand pounds for a by-election compared with the £66million that dear old Darling is charging the same taxpayers, to try to put right the mess Ivan's Gordon made by cheating the poorer members of society with his 10p tax rate.
How does it compare with the £100billion that the man in the street is paying for Gordon/Darling's criminal incompetence with the Northern Rock affair?
You may also want to watch:
Even this palls into insignificance when placed against the untold billions spent and still being spent on the highly dubious wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which Gordon's even more inept predecessor got us into.
Even these huge sums are nothing compared with the irreplaceable waste of our soldiers' lives who now paying the price for Blair's ego.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 4 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
This state doesn't care for its people: it only wants to spy on them in order to extort more taxes from them. The only good thing about the whole mess is that within a couple of years this whole incompetent, greedy, corrupt, clueless bunch will be consigned to the dustbin of history.
W J SEEGER
Ramsey Forty Foot