What price a by-election, compared with the wars?
PLEASE keep printing letters from Ivan Westley: they give me my biggest laugh of the week. In today s Britain, Ivan is the only man in step in supporting the Labour Government. Everybody else, of course, is out of step. He complains about a by-election ca
PLEASE keep printing letters from Ivan Westley: they give me my biggest laugh of the week. In today's Britain, Ivan is the only man in step in supporting the Labour Government. Everybody else, of course, is out of step.
He complains about a by-election caused by David Davis's conscience. Of course he doesn't understand this, because nobody in the Labour Government has any idea what a conscience is.
As for worrying about the cost of the election to the taxpayers, the Bible tells us to take the plank out of our own eye before taking the speck out of our neighbour's eye. What is a few thousand pounds for a by-election compared with the £66million that dear old Darling is charging the same taxpayers, to try to put right the mess Ivan's Gordon made by cheating the poorer members of society with his 10p tax rate.
How does it compare with the £100billion that the man in the street is paying for Gordon/Darling's criminal incompetence with the Northern Rock affair?
You may also want to watch:
Even this palls into insignificance when placed against the untold billions spent and still being spent on the highly dubious wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which Gordon's even more inept predecessor got us into.
Even these huge sums are nothing compared with the irreplaceable waste of our soldiers' lives who now paying the price for Blair's ego.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
This state doesn't care for its people: it only wants to spy on them in order to extort more taxes from them. The only good thing about the whole mess is that within a couple of years this whole incompetent, greedy, corrupt, clueless bunch will be consigned to the dustbin of history.
W J SEEGER
Ramsey Forty Foot