What price a by-election, compared with the wars?
PLEASE keep printing letters from Ivan Westley: they give me my biggest laugh of the week. In today s Britain, Ivan is the only man in step in supporting the Labour Government. Everybody else, of course, is out of step. He complains about a by-election ca
PLEASE keep printing letters from Ivan Westley: they give me my biggest laugh of the week. In today's Britain, Ivan is the only man in step in supporting the Labour Government. Everybody else, of course, is out of step.
He complains about a by-election caused by David Davis's conscience. Of course he doesn't understand this, because nobody in the Labour Government has any idea what a conscience is.
As for worrying about the cost of the election to the taxpayers, the Bible tells us to take the plank out of our own eye before taking the speck out of our neighbour's eye. What is a few thousand pounds for a by-election compared with the £66million that dear old Darling is charging the same taxpayers, to try to put right the mess Ivan's Gordon made by cheating the poorer members of society with his 10p tax rate.
How does it compare with the £100billion that the man in the street is paying for Gordon/Darling's criminal incompetence with the Northern Rock affair?
Even this palls into insignificance when placed against the untold billions spent and still being spent on the highly dubious wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which Gordon's even more inept predecessor got us into.
Even these huge sums are nothing compared with the irreplaceable waste of our soldiers' lives who now paying the price for Blair's ego.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
This state doesn't care for its people: it only wants to spy on them in order to extort more taxes from them. The only good thing about the whole mess is that within a couple of years this whole incompetent, greedy, corrupt, clueless bunch will be consigned to the dustbin of history.
W J SEEGER
Ramsey Forty Foot