What do the ratings mean for patients?
HINCHINGBROOKE Hospital is now ranked as one of the least well-performing trusts in the country – weak in its use of resources, only fair in its quality of service. So how have we patients been let down since it last rated two stars out of three under the
HINCHINGBROOKE Hospital is now ranked as one of the least well-performing trusts in the country - weak in its use of resources, only fair in its quality of service.
So how have we patients been let down since it last rated two stars out of three under the old criteria? Why have services deteriorated?
Well, actually, they've improved immeasurably on nearly every criterion.
Hinchingbrooke was rated excellent on all three criteria in the commission's "acute hospital portfolio" - admissions management, diagnostic services and medicines management.
You may also want to watch:
These are real issues about the way patients were treated, not bean-counting exercises, and they put our hospital joint top in the country.
It is marked down only because it doesn't have enough income to pay for its services.
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio
The Healthcare Commission says it is for the most part excellent, although it has some concerns about quick enough access to what is now called genito-urinal medicine.
Readers of The Hunts Post overwhelmingly say exactly the same.
Not a single one of you has said that you or your loved ones would have expected or got better care at Addenbrooke's, Peterborough or any other district hospital.
The latest report from the Healthcare Commission changes that not one whit.