What do I get for my Council Tax?
I WOULD like to ask a question, which I think the county council should be able to answer: why is my Council Tax so high?
My monthly payment is �101, which is much higher than my sister’s, who lives in a South Yorkshire town and has paid just �65 per month for the past three years, which is her good fortune.
My daughter has a nice flat in west London, for which she pays �91 per month.
They both have access to much more than I have to see and do. So I am at a loss to know what I actually get for my money. As far as I can see, all I get is my bins emptied.
We are losing our bus service later this month here in Alconbury, apparently as a result of the county council withdrawing subsidy from Stagecoach. Also, our street lights have been changed for economy reasons, leaving my home and others in darkness.
You may also want to watch:
So, seeing what I don’t have, can someone tell me what I do have for my �1,012 this year?
M F BULL
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years