What do I get for my Council Tax?
I WOULD like to ask a question, which I think the county council should be able to answer: why is my Council Tax so high?
My monthly payment is �101, which is much higher than my sister’s, who lives in a South Yorkshire town and has paid just �65 per month for the past three years, which is her good fortune.
My daughter has a nice flat in west London, for which she pays �91 per month.
They both have access to much more than I have to see and do. So I am at a loss to know what I actually get for my money. As far as I can see, all I get is my bins emptied.
We are losing our bus service later this month here in Alconbury, apparently as a result of the county council withdrawing subsidy from Stagecoach. Also, our street lights have been changed for economy reasons, leaving my home and others in darkness.
You may also want to watch:
So, seeing what I don’t have, can someone tell me what I do have for my �1,012 this year?
M F BULL
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity