What do I get for my Council Tax?
I WOULD like to ask a question, which I think the county council should be able to answer: why is my Council Tax so high?
My monthly payment is �101, which is much higher than my sister’s, who lives in a South Yorkshire town and has paid just �65 per month for the past three years, which is her good fortune.
My daughter has a nice flat in west London, for which she pays �91 per month.
They both have access to much more than I have to see and do. So I am at a loss to know what I actually get for my money. As far as I can see, all I get is my bins emptied.
We are losing our bus service later this month here in Alconbury, apparently as a result of the county council withdrawing subsidy from Stagecoach. Also, our street lights have been changed for economy reasons, leaving my home and others in darkness.
You may also want to watch:
So, seeing what I don’t have, can someone tell me what I do have for my �1,012 this year?
M F BULL
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic