Were we wrong?
YOUR story regarding USA activists said the court heard that the six controlled the UK activities of the organisation, which has physically attacked the company s managing director, Brian Cass, and whose members have attracted several convictions for ter
YOUR story regarding USA activists said the court "heard that the six controlled the UK activities of the organisation, which has physically attacked the company's managing director, Brian Cass, and whose members have attracted several convictions for terrifying harassment and vandalism in the Huntingdon area".
This is grossly incorrect. Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC) USA and SHAC UK are separate groups and the above was not claimed in court, so you have lied in your article. SHAC USA was not even formed when Brian Cass was attacked.
Do try to get your facts right. Your reporting is disgracefully biased and misleading. But then what should one expect from The Hunts Post?
JANIE TAYLOR, Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty
You may also want to watch:
Editor's note: Our report made quite clear that it was SHAC'S members in the UK who had convictions for violence and intimidation.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’