Well done, doc
HOW lovely it was to read Keith Stewart s letter of appreciation for Mary Moate (August 6). A letter like that goes a long way with NHS staff – all too often nursing staff do not receive any recognition when they retire (or die). I have many friends who w
HOW lovely it was to read Keith Stewart's letter of appreciation for Mary Moate (August 6).
A letter like that goes a long way with NHS staff - all too often nursing staff do not receive any recognition when they retire (or die). I have many friends who work and have worked within the NHS.
My best friend nursed for 50 years but, although her colleagues appreciated and celebrated with her when she retired, she did not even receive a letter from the hospital or NHS hierarchy - and, believe me, there are many of them.
We all give our best (even I had 26 years' service) and a letter of appreciation for that dedication surely is not too much to ask.
So well done, Keith. We all loved Mary. I hope you are keeping well and am pleased to see you keep up with the news in Huntingdon.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 3 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 4 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 5 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan