Well done, doc
HOW lovely it was to read Keith Stewart s letter of appreciation for Mary Moate (August 6). A letter like that goes a long way with NHS staff – all too often nursing staff do not receive any recognition when they retire (or die). I have many friends who w
HOW lovely it was to read Keith Stewart's letter of appreciation for Mary Moate (August 6).
A letter like that goes a long way with NHS staff - all too often nursing staff do not receive any recognition when they retire (or die). I have many friends who work and have worked within the NHS.
My best friend nursed for 50 years but, although her colleagues appreciated and celebrated with her when she retired, she did not even receive a letter from the hospital or NHS hierarchy - and, believe me, there are many of them.
We all give our best (even I had 26 years' service) and a letter of appreciation for that dedication surely is not too much to ask.
You may also want to watch:
So well done, Keith. We all loved Mary. I hope you are keeping well and am pleased to see you keep up with the news in Huntingdon.
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
- 8 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 9 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl