Well done, doc
HOW lovely it was to read Keith Stewart s letter of appreciation for Mary Moate (August 6). A letter like that goes a long way with NHS staff – all too often nursing staff do not receive any recognition when they retire (or die). I have many friends who w
HOW lovely it was to read Keith Stewart's letter of appreciation for Mary Moate (August 6).
A letter like that goes a long way with NHS staff - all too often nursing staff do not receive any recognition when they retire (or die). I have many friends who work and have worked within the NHS.
My best friend nursed for 50 years but, although her colleagues appreciated and celebrated with her when she retired, she did not even receive a letter from the hospital or NHS hierarchy - and, believe me, there are many of them.
We all give our best (even I had 26 years' service) and a letter of appreciation for that dedication surely is not too much to ask.
You may also want to watch:
So well done, Keith. We all loved Mary. I hope you are keeping well and am pleased to see you keep up with the news in Huntingdon.
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 5 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 6 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon