Weekend lane closures on A14 at Huntingdon
ONE carriageway of the A14 in Huntingdon will be closed every weekend from now until early March in a �1.5million scheme to replace bridge joints on the railway viaduct and re-surface the road. The first closure will take place this weekend, when the sout
ONE carriageway of the A14 in Huntingdon will be closed every weekend from now until early March in a �1.5million scheme to replace bridge joints on the railway viaduct and re-surface the road.
The first closure will take place this weekend, when the southbound/eastbound carriageway will shut from 10pm on Friday between Spittals and Godmanchester until 6am on Monday.
The same carriageway will be closed at the same times over the following two weekends, with the northbound/westbound carriageway closing for the weekends on February 19 and 26 and March 5.
During these closures, drivers will be diverted via the A1 and A428. For safety reasons, there will be 50mph speed restriction and all lay-bys in the affected areas will be closed for the duration of the work.
You may also want to watch:
A second scheme has been brought forward by 12 months as a result of �276,000 of fiscal stimulus funding from the Government. This work will resurface sections of the A14 on the eastbound carriageway between junction 26 for St Ives and junction 27 at Fenstanton, westbound near Fen Drayton and various locations northbound between junction 23 for the Spittals Interchange and the A1 at Alconbury.
The work will be co-ordinated with the closures needed for the Huntington viaduct scheme, the Highways Agency said, but there will be an additional week of overnight work from Monday February 8 to Friday February 12 between 9pm and 6am.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
When there are carriageway closures, diversion routes will be in place using the A1 and A428.