Weed out cheats
THE councils are all out of control. They have no accountability. They don t care how much of the taxpayers money they use for useless projects. There should be a freeze on the increases every year in regard to the Council Tax and less hiring and more fir
THE councils are all out of control. They have no accountability. They don't care how much of the taxpayers money they use for useless projects.
There should be a freeze on the increases every year in regard to the Council Tax and less hiring and more firing by the council of lazy and unneeded employees.
County governments are notorious for over-hiring and over-paying people. A good house-cleaning is in order as well as of all the people that don't pay their Council Tax.
No one denies that, if a person is genuinely in need of assistance, they should be provided for, but the list of people not paying taxes and being allowed to live off the back of hard-working people is endless and full of cheats, liars and lazy people.
Everyone sees it, knows about it and is horrified at the waste of money - but nothing is ever done.
Soon, no one will be able to afford to live in their homes. They will all qualify for assistance, especially retired people on a fixed income who had the nerve to save a few extra pennies for their retirement. What a mess.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 9 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
We keep paying for women who keep having children and expect the taxpayer to keep them. Young men who are too lazy to work. And they get benefits. Something is wrong with that.
What happened to personal accountability, self-esteem and pride? The State owes you nothing. Get a job, go to school and be a part of the resolution not the problem.
K HARVEY, Morrie Drive, Bellevue NE