Weed out cheats
THE councils are all out of control. They have no accountability. They don t care how much of the taxpayers money they use for useless projects. There should be a freeze on the increases every year in regard to the Council Tax and less hiring and more fir
THE councils are all out of control. They have no accountability. They don't care how much of the taxpayers money they use for useless projects.
There should be a freeze on the increases every year in regard to the Council Tax and less hiring and more firing by the council of lazy and unneeded employees.
County governments are notorious for over-hiring and over-paying people. A good house-cleaning is in order as well as of all the people that don't pay their Council Tax.
No one denies that, if a person is genuinely in need of assistance, they should be provided for, but the list of people not paying taxes and being allowed to live off the back of hard-working people is endless and full of cheats, liars and lazy people.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone sees it, knows about it and is horrified at the waste of money - but nothing is ever done.
Soon, no one will be able to afford to live in their homes. They will all qualify for assistance, especially retired people on a fixed income who had the nerve to save a few extra pennies for their retirement. What a mess.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Fish and Chip shop wins award
We keep paying for women who keep having children and expect the taxpayer to keep them. Young men who are too lazy to work. And they get benefits. Something is wrong with that.
What happened to personal accountability, self-esteem and pride? The State owes you nothing. Get a job, go to school and be a part of the resolution not the problem.
K HARVEY, Morrie Drive, Bellevue NE