Wedding drinks stolen
CALLOUS thieves stole more than £1,000 worth of alcohol that had been destined for a wedding party. The theft happened in Stonely on Friday afternoon, as doctors Susannah Rawlinson and John Fisher prepared for their wedding. The alcohol – 36 bottles of Fr
CALLOUS thieves stole more than £1,000 worth of alcohol that had been destined for a wedding party.
The theft happened in Stonely on Friday afternoon, as doctors Susannah Rawlinson and John Fisher prepared for their wedding.
The alcohol - 36 bottles of French Champagne and 60 miniature bottles of whisky - was taken from the back of a car parked in Old Ford Lane.
Thankfully, a quick trip to Waitrose replenished stocks for the party, with friends, relatives and neighbours all chipping in to restock the wedding supplies.
Despite the family's efforts, the stolen Champagne which had been brought from France by a family member, could not be replaced like-for-like.
Sally Rawlinson, mother of the bride, said: "It was a big shock to find that someone had taken the alcohol as it had only been left unattended for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 6 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 7 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 More than 2,000 potholes need repairing in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
"People obviously have no scruples - it would have been clear to the thief that this was a wedding with the amount of people buzzing about everywhere.
"The alcohol was covered with a blanket in the back of the car, so we suspect someone may have been watching and waiting for an opportunity."
A satellite navigation system was also stolen from the boot of the car in the theft, which happened at 1pm on Friday.
The weather stayed fine at the weekend for the wedding, which was held at Stow Longa Church on Saturday.
The reception was held at Kimbolton Castle and the family enjoyed a party - with the replacement alcohol - on Sunday afternoon.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information on the theft should contact Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.