A NEW website is in the pipeline for bands in Huntingdonshire and the organiser is calling for readers of Almost Famous to submit ideas and details of their own bands. Matt Edwards, who is putting together the website said: The reason I thought it may be
A NEW website is in the pipeline for bands in Huntingdonshire and the organiser is calling for readers of Almost Famous to submit ideas and details of their own bands.
Matt Edwards, who is putting together the website said: "The reason I thought it may be a good idea to build up a site is because of the fact that there are a lot of bands appearing in the area but there is little sense of independence from Cambridge.
"Also a number of local venues seem to be opening their arms to live music in Hunts recently such as the LEL in St Ives and Olivers in Huntingdon.
"The potential for a better local scene is definitely becoming apparent."
Many bands have expressed interest in the project - including Linda's Nephew, Bad Remedi, After4, Daniel Flay, Daudi, First Aid Boy and 9FoldPunch.
If you are in a local band and would like to be part of the site, email Matt Edwards at email@example.com
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 7 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season