We should complain loudly about this road
I COMPLETELY agree your article, Hinchingbrooke Park Road (April 28) is awful in the evenings when trying to leave work. I work at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and live in Moorhouse Drive, this should be on average about a 15 minute journey. I finish work
I COMPLETELY agree your article, Hinchingbrooke Park Road (April 28) is awful in the evenings when trying to leave work.
I work at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and live in Moorhouse Drive, this should be on average about a 15 minute journey.
I finish work at 5pm and one journey took me so long that at 5.40pm I was still parallel to the hospital on Hinchingbrooke Park Road. I got home eventually at 6.15pm.
Another time, I sat in the car park as it was not moving at all (this is a problem for NHS staff in that sometimes it takes forever to even get onto the main road) and at 5.40pm I went back to work the traffic had barely moved at all. I then left work at 6.10pm and there was practically no traffic at all.
I cannot believe that Hinchingbrooke Hospital has had no complaints but it's not very obvious who staff can complain to about road traffic.
I'm sure various people would have complained to colleagues and line managers as there are a lot of staff caught up in this chaos.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 9 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
Surely with all the housing developments and the two main employees in Huntingdon using this road all the time, along with police and fire headquarters, there has to be an immediate solution.
I cannot believe it has not been thought of or dealt with already.