We should complain loudly about this road
I COMPLETELY agree your article, Hinchingbrooke Park Road (April 28) is awful in the evenings when trying to leave work. I work at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and live in Moorhouse Drive, this should be on average about a 15 minute journey. I finish work
I COMPLETELY agree your article, Hinchingbrooke Park Road (April 28) is awful in the evenings when trying to leave work.
I work at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and live in Moorhouse Drive, this should be on average about a 15 minute journey.
I finish work at 5pm and one journey took me so long that at 5.40pm I was still parallel to the hospital on Hinchingbrooke Park Road. I got home eventually at 6.15pm.
Another time, I sat in the car park as it was not moving at all (this is a problem for NHS staff in that sometimes it takes forever to even get onto the main road) and at 5.40pm I went back to work the traffic had barely moved at all. I then left work at 6.10pm and there was practically no traffic at all.
You may also want to watch:
I cannot believe that Hinchingbrooke Hospital has had no complaints but it's not very obvious who staff can complain to about road traffic.
I'm sure various people would have complained to colleagues and line managers as there are a lot of staff caught up in this chaos.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
Surely with all the housing developments and the two main employees in Huntingdon using this road all the time, along with police and fire headquarters, there has to be an immediate solution.
I cannot believe it has not been thought of or dealt with already.