We refuse to be dictated to
MANY thanks for your excellent articles on local dentistry services. I would like to add to your debate. The three dentists at the Old Grammar School Dental Surgery are not only going private in January, they are also dictating the terms under which you p
MANY thanks for your excellent articles on local dentistry services. I would like to add to your debate.
The three dentists at the Old Grammar School Dental Surgery are not only going private in January, they are also dictating the terms under which you pay. In order to continue to be a patient there, you have to subscribe to their plan, costing £11 per month (£132 per year). They will not allow you to be a "pay as you go" patient.
Also, their policy does not cover the cost of fillings, one of the most common treatments that would cost approx £45. So for the average patient who just has two check-ups and clean-ups, plus maybe one filling per year, the increase in cost is astronomical and more than either NHS or "pay as you go" treatment.
It's just not worth it. We have two boys who have not long been in fulltime employment and for them the cost (unless paid for by their parents) is prohibitive.
You may also want to watch:
To go private is one thing, but to limit their register of patients to only those who subscribe to their insurance plan is an insult and frankly not very business-like (ie customer-centric).
Also, the insurance policy they offer is not very competitive for the average patient who looks after their teeth. Information on better policies is easily available on the web.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
My family and I will be taking our business elsewhere (NHS or private), which is a great shame, because we like our dentist, but we refuse to be dictated to regarding payment terms.
BOB PENNEY, Cordell Close, St Ives