We’re banding together to support Craig
SUPPORTERS of Craig Alden have launched a wristband to raise money for the Free Craig Alden campaign. The 36-year-old from Warboys is serving a 12-year sentence in a Brazilian jail, after being found guilty of child abuse at an orphanage that he set up in
SUPPORTERS of Craig Alden have launched a wristband to raise money for the Free Craig Alden campaign.
The 36-year-old from Warboys is serving a 12-year sentence in a Brazilian jail, after being found guilty of child abuse at an orphanage that he set up in 1991.
Sales of the wristband for a minimum donation of £1 will help with website and legal costs, as family and friends continue the fight to see his conviction overturned.
Simon Trundle, the pastor of the New Life Church in Wellingborough, said: "Wristbands are one of the current teen crazes, and we thought what an obvious thing to do.
You may also want to watch:
"We've had kids, adults and whole families writing to get wristbands. Mr Trundle has led the campaign since Craig's conviction in 2002.
Craig was sentenced to 48 years in prison after being accused of child abuse and neglect at the Abrigo Warboys orphanage he had founded in Brasilia 10 years earlier. He received no defence hearing at his trial after his lawyer missed a deadline. The sentence has since been reduced to 12 years.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
Since his conviction, Craig has been supported by family, friends and churches throughout Cambridgeshire, and beyond, who have written him letters, included him in their prayers and even visited him in Brazil.
INFORMATION: Anyone wishing to purchase a wristband in support of the campaign should write to The New Life Church, The Hope Centre, Guillemot Lane, Wellingborough, NN8 4UH, and enclose a cheque, made payable to The New Life Church for at least £1.