Police release footage of motorist who drove at the twice the speed limit in village
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who was caught driving at almost double the speed limit in Warboys has been disqualified
Patrick Webb, 24, was caught driving his BMW coupe at 119mph by a member of police staff carrying out speed checks on the A141 near Warboys just before 1.45pm on June 3.
The offence was verified by the force's cameras, tickets and collisions unit and Webb was charged with dangerous driving.
Webb, of Tydd St. Mary, Spalding, admitted the offence and was sentenced to eight weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, at Peterborough Magistrates' Court on January 16.
He was also ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and was disqualified from driving for 16 months.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Emanuel, camera operations co-ordinator for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Constabularies said: "Webb drove at an excessive speed on what is a 60mph limit road.
"This is a notorious area for collisions taking place and Webb's speed showed a total disregard for the safety of both himself and the other road users around him.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
"Speeding is one of the fatal four most common causes of death or injuries on our roads and Webb is lucky to not have caused serious harm.
"Thanks to the staff involved in all stages of this investigation - a dangerous driver has been taken off of the roads for a considerable amount of time.
"I hope this serves as a deterrent to those who may choose to drive over the limit."