Police release footage of motorist who drove at the twice the speed limit in village
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who was caught driving at almost double the speed limit in Warboys has been disqualified
Patrick Webb, 24, was caught driving his BMW coupe at 119mph by a member of police staff carrying out speed checks on the A141 near Warboys just before 1.45pm on June 3.
The offence was verified by the force's cameras, tickets and collisions unit and Webb was charged with dangerous driving.
Webb, of Tydd St. Mary, Spalding, admitted the offence and was sentenced to eight weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, at Peterborough Magistrates' Court on January 16.
He was also ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and was disqualified from driving for 16 months.
Gareth Emanuel, camera operations co-ordinator for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Constabularies said: "Webb drove at an excessive speed on what is a 60mph limit road.
"This is a notorious area for collisions taking place and Webb's speed showed a total disregard for the safety of both himself and the other road users around him.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
"Speeding is one of the fatal four most common causes of death or injuries on our roads and Webb is lucky to not have caused serious harm.
"Thanks to the staff involved in all stages of this investigation - a dangerous driver has been taken off of the roads for a considerable amount of time.
"I hope this serves as a deterrent to those who may choose to drive over the limit."