Warning on road closures
MOTORISTS using the A14 should be prepared for overnight closures next week. And those using the A428 early in March are warned of two overnight lane closures. On the A14, there will be overnight resurfacing work westbound between Dry Drayton and Swavesey
MOTORISTS using the A14 should be prepared for overnight closures next week.
And those using the A428 early in March are warned of two overnight lane closures.
On the A14, there will be overnight resurfacing work westbound between Dry Drayton and Swavesey for five nights from next Monday, February 25. Working hours will be from 9.30pm to 5.30am each weeknight, except for Friday when work will begin at 10pm.
The resurfacing will require the closure of the westbound carriageway between junction 31 at Girton and junction 23 at Spittals. A14 traffic will be diverted via the A1, A428 and A1303.
You may also want to watch:
When that is complete, work will start for five further nights, probably starting on Monday, March 3, to resurface the eastbound carriageway between junction 27 at Fenstanton and junction 28 at Swavesey.
The work will take place overnight, with the carriageway closed between Spittals and Swavesey. The same working hours and diversions will be used.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
One lane of the westbound carriageway of the A428 between the Madingley entry slip and Hardwick, including part of the Hardwick exit slip, will be closed on Monday, March 3, and the following night between the Hardwick entry slip road and Cambourne, including part of the Cambourne exit slip.
The work will take place between 8pm and 5.30am.