Warm Front offers rebates
EXTRA money is being made available to people over 60 to help them ensure their homes are warm this winter. The Warm Front heating rebate scheme is offering older people the chance of claiming a £300 rebate off the cost of a new or repaired central heati
EXTRA money is being made available to people over 60 to help them ensure their homes are warm this winter.
The Warm Front heating rebate scheme is offering older people the chance of claiming a £300 rebate off the cost of a new or repaired central heating system.
You do not need to be on benefit to be eligible for this, although you have to own your own home or privately rent it and there are certain procedures you need to follow prior to installation.
Householders who qualify for funding will only be permitted to use installers approved by Corgi, NICEIC or Oftec. A letter voucher will be sent detailing the names of six installers who have registered in the area. Householders will then decide which installer they want to use to complete the work and will contact them directly to arrange the work.
Claire Moore, partnership development officer for Warm Front, said: "We would like to encourage as many eligible householders as possible to apply as good heating systems are essential to a good quality of life."
Warm Front is the Government's main grant-funded programme for tackling fuel poverty. The scheme which is managed by EAGA, the Government's energy efficiency group, was launched in June 2000 and in the financial year 2004-05 it helped over 207,500 households across the UK.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
INFORMATION: To find out more call the Warm Front team on 0800 3162814 or email email@example.com