Warm Front offers rebates
EXTRA money is being made available to people over 60 to help them ensure their homes are warm this winter. The Warm Front heating rebate scheme is offering older people the chance of claiming a £300 rebate off the cost of a new or repaired central heati
EXTRA money is being made available to people over 60 to help them ensure their homes are warm this winter.
The Warm Front heating rebate scheme is offering older people the chance of claiming a £300 rebate off the cost of a new or repaired central heating system.
You do not need to be on benefit to be eligible for this, although you have to own your own home or privately rent it and there are certain procedures you need to follow prior to installation.
Householders who qualify for funding will only be permitted to use installers approved by Corgi, NICEIC or Oftec. A letter voucher will be sent detailing the names of six installers who have registered in the area. Householders will then decide which installer they want to use to complete the work and will contact them directly to arrange the work.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Moore, partnership development officer for Warm Front, said: "We would like to encourage as many eligible householders as possible to apply as good heating systems are essential to a good quality of life."
Warm Front is the Government's main grant-funded programme for tackling fuel poverty. The scheme which is managed by EAGA, the Government's energy efficiency group, was launched in June 2000 and in the financial year 2004-05 it helped over 207,500 households across the UK.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 Village job club providing vital service
- 4 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
INFORMATION: To find out more call the Warm Front team on 0800 3162814 or email email@example.com