Wards get new names after move
HINCHINGBROOKE Hospital is set to spruce up its ward names to avoid confusion when wards move after modernisation and refurbishment. The hospital is keeping its links to tree species in the adjacent country park, with Maple Ward changing to Damson, Willow
HINCHINGBROOKE Hospital is set to spruce up its ward names to avoid confusion when wards move after modernisation and refurbishment.
The hospital is keeping its links to tree species in the adjacent country park, with Maple Ward changing to Damson, Willow to Juniper, Lime to Laurel, Cedar to Magnolia, Oak to Spruce and Chestnut changing to Walnut.
The only one not to change is the children's ward, Holly, which is run by Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust and recently moved to a new £7million purpose-built paediatric centre.
The changes are expected to be approved by the hospital's board when it meets tomorrow (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
The names were chosen after consultation with staff working on the wards.
A hospital spokesman said this week: "The decision to give all our newly refurbished wards new names has been taken to prevent confusion as patients and staff move to the new facilities.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
"As our programme of ward reconfiguration has taken place, wards have moved to different areas on the site, taking their names with them. This has led to a situation where, for example, one ward area has been home to three different wards and ward names.
"Each ward area will now be given an individual name which it will keep, no matter what moves may be made into that area in the future.