Wanted – people to in-spire church bid
FUND-RAISERS are needed to help raise £1million so work can start on Cambourne s first church. Planning permission has been granted for the £1.7million place of worship, but, until at least half of the money is raised, work cannot start. Until then, wor
FUND-RAISERS are needed to help raise £1million so work can start on Cambourne's first church.
Planning permission has been granted for the £1.7million place of worship, but, until at least half of the money is raised, work cannot start.
Until then, worshippers meet in the village's community centre, The Hub, which is a tight squeeze for the 100 or so people attending Sunday service.
John Holmes, who is helping to manage the project, said: "The Hub is available for worship only on a Sunday and it is not ideal as a church. A new church is a much-needed facility to meet the spiritual needs of the community."
You may also want to watch:
So far, £120,000 has been raised and £600,000 has been donated towards the project.
It is hoped work will start on the church within the next 12 to 18 months.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 9 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in helping with the fund-raising efforts or wanting to make a donation should contact Mr Holmes on 01480 351164 or e-mail email@example.com