Wall is justified
IMAGINE the effect an eight-metre high wall between Huntingdon and St Ives would have on the towns ( Wall of protest, The Hunts Post, December 13). As far as I know, the people of St Ives don t send suicide bombers to murder the residents of Huntingdo
IMAGINE the effect an eight-metre high wall between Huntingdon and St Ives would have on the towns" ("Wall of protest," The Hunts Post, December 13).
As far as I know, the people of St Ives don't send suicide bombers to murder the residents of Huntingdon. If they did, of course, a wall might be a sensible idea.
Let's look back to Christmas 2000 in Bethlehem. It was a scene of peace and tranquillity. Palestinian territories had undergone regeneration thanks to vast European investment. Then what happened? The second intifada.
The Palestinians brought this onto themselves. Why blame Israel for trying to accord its citizens the basic human right of security and safety from those who are hell-bent on their destruction.
You may also want to watch:
I think it is highly unfitting to use the stage of Christmas for such a politicised statement. By all means have a separate protest, but to cancel traditional ceremonies for highly-polarised politics is wrong.
I am deeply offended. It is not as if the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is one-sided. The Israelis have lost many innocents to, and there is blame on both sides. But if the wall saves lives, both Arab and Jewish, the inconvenience is better than the alternative.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life