Walkers will be out in force
A CHARITY walk organised as a tribute to a St Neots Town Council worker who died hours after marrying her soulmate will take place on Sunday, September 24. Mother of two Lynn Hutchinson, 42, married Geoff Marchant, 54, on July 23 as she lay in her hospita
A CHARITY walk organised as a tribute to a St Neots Town Council worker who died hours after marrying her soulmate will take place on Sunday, September 24.
Mother of two Lynn Hutchinson, 42, married Geoff Marchant, 54, on July 23 as she lay in her hospital bed in Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Eleven hours later, after a year-long battle with Leukaemia, she died.
Margaret Sharp, the town council's deputy clerk, said: "Lynn touched so many of our lives and we were all left shocked and devastated by her death. She was such a lovely person, both as a colleague and as a friend."
The walk has been organised by Geoff and town council workers and will leave the Priory Centre in St Neots at 10am. The route will be a figure of eight to Hail Weston and Pocket Park and then back to the Priory Centre.
So far £876 has been raised in memory of Lynn, which has been divided between Macmillan Cancer Relief and Leukaemia Research.
Geoff, who is also planning to print T-shirts with Lynn's picture on for people to wear on the walk, said: "The fact we have already raised over £800 in memory of Lynn speaks volumes of how people felt about her."
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
INFORMATION: To take part call 01480 388914.