Walkers will be out in force
A CHARITY walk organised as a tribute to a St Neots Town Council worker who died hours after marrying her soulmate will take place on Sunday, September 24. Mother of two Lynn Hutchinson, 42, married Geoff Marchant, 54, on July 23 as she lay in her hospita
A CHARITY walk organised as a tribute to a St Neots Town Council worker who died hours after marrying her soulmate will take place on Sunday, September 24.
Mother of two Lynn Hutchinson, 42, married Geoff Marchant, 54, on July 23 as she lay in her hospital bed in Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Eleven hours later, after a year-long battle with Leukaemia, she died.
Margaret Sharp, the town council's deputy clerk, said: "Lynn touched so many of our lives and we were all left shocked and devastated by her death. She was such a lovely person, both as a colleague and as a friend."
The walk has been organised by Geoff and town council workers and will leave the Priory Centre in St Neots at 10am. The route will be a figure of eight to Hail Weston and Pocket Park and then back to the Priory Centre.
You may also want to watch:
So far £876 has been raised in memory of Lynn, which has been divided between Macmillan Cancer Relief and Leukaemia Research.
Geoff, who is also planning to print T-shirts with Lynn's picture on for people to wear on the walk, said: "The fact we have already raised over £800 in memory of Lynn speaks volumes of how people felt about her."
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 4 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 5 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 9 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 10 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
INFORMATION: To take part call 01480 388914.