Voting Lib Dem will destroy Godmanchester
MALCOLM Cohen resigned from Godmanchester Town Council as Mayor and was reported to have said he was tired and that his leaving had nothing to do with politics. It seems ironic that he then immediately writes a letter to The Hunts Post (February 17) sayin
MALCOLM Cohen resigned from Godmanchester Town Council as Mayor and was reported to have said he was tired and that his leaving had nothing to do with politics.
It seems ironic that he then immediately writes a letter to The Hunts Post (February 17) saying that the A1198 should be a 40mph zone.
It might seem to the good folk in Godmanchester a great idea, but I am sure they will not be fooled by this ploy.
Lowering the speed limit on this road will help the developers, who want to destroy Godmanchester by increasing its size by one third, get their way.
You may also want to watch:
The developers have been told they can go ahead and destroy Godmanchester if they can prove nil detriment to the traffic.
The fact is that the A1198 has no frontage development yet, but it will have if the likes of Mr Cohen help the developers by reducing the speed limit.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
Understand this all who try to ruin our town: Godmanchester matters to us and we will fight you all the way to stop this development.
The people of Godmanchester should realise that a vote for a Liberal Democrat at the next election is a vote for the destruction of Godmanchester.
Cllr COLIN HYAMS