Vote of thanks for volunteers
MORE than 100 volunteers were invited to a civic reception by the Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Jeff Dutton, at the Medway Centre in Huntingdon. Cllr Dutton, who wanted to mark the valuable contribution the volunteers and their organisations make within
MORE than 100 volunteers were invited to a civic reception by the Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Jeff Dutton, at the Medway Centre in Huntingdon.
Cllr Dutton, who wanted to mark the valuable contribution the volunteers and their organisations make within the town, thanked all of those attending and praised them for their efforts, which he said makes Huntingdon a great place to live and work.
On behalf of the town council, he presented each organisation with a signed certificate, acknowledging the work that they do in the town.
Presenting the certificates, the mayor said: "Without the work of these organisations, the quality of life for so many residents of our town would rapidly deteriorate."
You may also want to watch:
The council is now planning to make this an annual event.
Cllr Dutton added he knew that there were other groups and organisations in the town that may have been missed and urged them to forward their details to the mayor's secretary to be included in future events.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named