Vote Loony and help children’s charity
THE last time I contested the local elections, back in May 2009, I made the national headlines by polling 566 votes, beating two Labour candidates and, thanks to my friends and sponsors William Hill, who gave me a free bet on the number of votes I polled, I raised �275, which I donated to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
This time around, William Hill has given me a free �50 bet that I poll more than 566 votes at odds of 5/1 in the St Ives East Ward for Huntingdonshire District Council elections, which, if I win, I will be donating to the Rosie House Appeal for Sick Children at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
It won’t be easy, as I’m standing against the leader of the council, Jason Ablewhite, in an area so Tory that, if they stuck a blue rosette on a lamp post, people would vote for it.
If you want a colourful character who speaks his mind for local people on local issues and will put the area on the map, there is only one choice on May 3, and that’s to vote for me and at the same time help me raise money for the Rosie House Appeal.
I’m also contesting a seat for the South Ward of St Ives Council on the same day. If elected, I will really put St Ives on the map and boost tourism by becoming the first Official Monster Raving Loony councillor in Cambridgeshire’s history.
You may also want to watch:
LORD TOBY JUG
Leader, Cambridge and Huntingdon branch
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
Official Monster Raving Loony Party