Vote for us
I WAS interested to read your letters page on October 31 - intrigued by the continued ‘omnishambles’ that seems to be the only consistent theme of the Cameron government.
Omnishambles seems to be an accurate description of this government’s police and crime commissioner election - an election unwanted by the people, using an electoral system very similar to that recently rejected by the people in a referendum and an election in which very few people seem inclined to participate.
The internal shambles in the Conservative Party seems further highlighted by the original Conservative candidate for Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner (John Pye) writing to tell readers not to vote Conservative.
I was, however, concerned by the letter from Bryn Havord, who suggests that UKIP does not have any original proposals. Rather than writing to The Hunts Post, I would suggest that Mr Havord’s time would be better spent reading our PCC manifesto at www.UKIP.org, where he will find very clear and consistent fresh thinking that provides many solutions to the difficult problems facing the police force, including the introduction of community-based police houses as well as radical increases in the number of front line officers and warranted special constables.
Criticise our party by all means, but please do it based on facts and with an informed opinion.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor PETER REEVE
UKIP group leader Cambridgeshire County and Huntingdonshire District Councils
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire