Volvo parking not all it seems
I READ with amusement the lengths people go to too get off paying a parking fine, when they are in the wrong (“Your car is too big,” The Hunts Post, June 29).
I was in that car park that Friday and commented to my friend how this car was abandoned rather than parked. How can this driver say his Volvo XC70 is two feet longer than the bay when the front of it was almost in the motorcycle bay?
It’s a standard size Volvo XC70 estate, no longer than any other Volvo XC70 estate: what planet is this driver from?
As a photographer myself, I notice your picture was taken at the rear of the car and not in the disabled bay. Perhaps if it had been taken squarely from the side and parked in the disabled bay it would have shown truly whether the car fits the bay or not.
Blue badge holders or not, they should try reading the car park notices for the rules and regulations of parking.
You may also want to watch:
D W STEDDY
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter