Village shop broken into in Fenstanton
A VILLAGE shop was found to have been broken into in early today (Thursday) in Fenstanton. At Ash s Stores, in the high street, thieves entered through the back, breaking through wooden panels. The shop has been in temporary premises in a garage since Jul
A VILLAGE shop was found to have been broken into in early today (Thursday) in Fenstanton.
At Ash's Stores, in the high street, thieves entered through the back, breaking through wooden panels. The shop has been in temporary premises in a garage since July while the main shop is being rebuilt.
Owner, Prakash Puntamebekar, known for the past 21-years in the village as Ash, said he and his staff were due to move back into the refurbished premises next month.
He said that cigarettes and alcohol worth about �7,500 had been stole and this had been the third burglary in the premises.
You may also want to watch:
The two previous raids, in December, both happened within a week. After the first attack, the glass door was replaced with a metal one but goods were stolen on each occasion and over both the first two raids, the shop lost goods valued at �6,500.
He told The Hunts Post: "It's a nightmare."
- 1 New cafe bar set to move into former Dorothy Perkins store in St Neots
- 2 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 5 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 6 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 9 Donations from school's Little Shop of Kindness is life-line for families
- 10 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
A police spokesman said that they had been called to the scene at 6.28am when the shop had been found broken into by a member of staff going to work. Scenes of crime officers are investigating.