Village’s sports centre will come
POSITIVE steps have been made for the establishment of a sports centre in Cambourne after new developers took over the project, saying it will be open in 15 months. Leisure Connection, which has a head office at Wyboston Lakes, is the new company chosen
POSITIVE steps have been made for the establishment of a sports centre in Cambourne after new developers took over the project, saying it will be open in 15 months.
Leisure Connection, which has a head office at Wyboston Lakes, is the new company chosen to deliver the sports centre.
Relkin Construction will carry out the construction work.
Its managing director Patrick Larkin said the facilities on offer would include a health floor with over 100 stations, a dance, drama and aerobatics suite that could double up as a meeting room, a solarium, sauna, steam room and a beautician's area.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be indoor multi-purpose dry sports courts, and a 20m, six-lane swimming pool.
The company intends to submit a planning application by the end of June.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
It is hopeful of starting work in October with a view to the project being finished by July 2008 and open to the public two months later.