Village party to toast surgery
VILLAGERS in Little Paxton will celebrate the arrival of their new doctors surgery with a Party in the Park on Friday, June 16. The surgery building was delivered on the back of nine large lorries in May and was erected immediately on site. The arrival
VILLAGERS in Little Paxton will celebrate the arrival of their new doctors surgery with a 'Party in the Park' on Friday, June 16.
The surgery building was delivered on the back of nine large lorries in May and was erected immediately on site. The arrival of the building followed a long and successful campaign by the village to retain its surgery after the original facility had been earmarked for closure.
The villagers' success, which should see the new surgery ready for patients by the end of July, will be marked with a party featuring a band, hog roast and bar.
Peter Hagger, chairman of the Little Paxton Save Our Surgery Campaign, said: "Last year's party, to celebrate the decision by the primary care trust to keep our surgery was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"This year we can see the new surgery and celebrate the end of the campaign. I am looking forward to a really great evening."
INFORMATION: The event will start at 7.30pm and tickets, from Jean Matheson on 01480 476298, cost £7.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life