Village party to toast surgery
VILLAGERS in Little Paxton will celebrate the arrival of their new doctors surgery with a Party in the Park on Friday, June 16. The surgery building was delivered on the back of nine large lorries in May and was erected immediately on site. The arrival
VILLAGERS in Little Paxton will celebrate the arrival of their new doctors surgery with a 'Party in the Park' on Friday, June 16.
The surgery building was delivered on the back of nine large lorries in May and was erected immediately on site. The arrival of the building followed a long and successful campaign by the village to retain its surgery after the original facility had been earmarked for closure.
The villagers' success, which should see the new surgery ready for patients by the end of July, will be marked with a party featuring a band, hog roast and bar.
Peter Hagger, chairman of the Little Paxton Save Our Surgery Campaign, said: "Last year's party, to celebrate the decision by the primary care trust to keep our surgery was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"This year we can see the new surgery and celebrate the end of the campaign. I am looking forward to a really great evening."
INFORMATION: The event will start at 7.30pm and tickets, from Jean Matheson on 01480 476298, cost £7.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital