Video: St Neots singers could be the Last Choir Standing
A TEENAGE singer from St Neots is hoping his choir has got what it takes to be crowned the nation’s favourite in a current television show.On Saturday, August 16 Rikki Ancell of the ACM Gospel Choir stormed through the second live knockout stages of the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
Footage courtesy of www.bbc.co.uk/lastchoirstanding
A TEENAGE singer from St Neots is hoping his choir has got what it takes to be crowned the nation’s favourite in a current television show.
On Saturday, August 16 Rikki Ancell of the ACM Gospel Choir stormed through the second live knockout stages of the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
The competition features live performances from choirs followed by a public vote to determine who is sent home.
Judges described ACM’s performance of Stand By Me as “beautiful, passionate and gorgeous”. Another judge said ACM stood for "absolute choral magic."
Rikki, 19, of Henbrook, told The Hunts Post he was delighted his choir survived the viewers vote making it down to the final four.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 6 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
The former Peppercorns Performing Arts pupils, who started singing at the age of 10, said: “It was amazing to perform live. We’re now rehearing particularly non-stop in preparation for the next live show.”
He added: “If you like us, and we make you smile then please vote for us.”
INFORMATION: Last Choir Standing is shown on BBC One on Saturdays at 6.30pm. To view video footage of Rikki and the ACM Gospel Choir in action, visit, www.huntspost24.co.uk To find out more, visit www.bbc.co.uk/lastchoirstanding/