Video: St Neots singers could be the Last Choir Standing
A TEENAGE singer from St Neots is hoping his choir has got what it takes to be crowned the nation’s favourite in a current television show.On Saturday, August 16 Rikki Ancell of the ACM Gospel Choir stormed through the second live knockout stages of the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
Footage courtesy of www.bbc.co.uk/lastchoirstanding
A TEENAGE singer from St Neots is hoping his choir has got what it takes to be crowned the nation’s favourite in a current television show.
On Saturday, August 16 Rikki Ancell of the ACM Gospel Choir stormed through the second live knockout stages of the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
The competition features live performances from choirs followed by a public vote to determine who is sent home.
You may also want to watch:
Judges described ACM’s performance of Stand By Me as “beautiful, passionate and gorgeous”. Another judge said ACM stood for "absolute choral magic."
Rikki, 19, of Henbrook, told The Hunts Post he was delighted his choir survived the viewers vote making it down to the final four.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
The former Peppercorns Performing Arts pupils, who started singing at the age of 10, said: “It was amazing to perform live. We’re now rehearing particularly non-stop in preparation for the next live show.”
He added: “If you like us, and we make you smile then please vote for us.”
INFORMATION: Last Choir Standing is shown on BBC One on Saturdays at 6.30pm. To view video footage of Rikki and the ACM Gospel Choir in action, visit, www.huntspost24.co.uk To find out more, visit www.bbc.co.uk/lastchoirstanding/