Video: St Neots singers could be the Last Choir Standing
A TEENAGE singer from St Neots is hoping his choir has got what it takes to be crowned the nation’s favourite in a current television show.On Saturday, August 16 Rikki Ancell of the ACM Gospel Choir stormed through the second live knockout stages of the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
Footage courtesy of www.bbc.co.uk/lastchoirstanding
A TEENAGE singer from St Neots is hoping his choir has got what it takes to be crowned the nation’s favourite in a current television show.
On Saturday, August 16 Rikki Ancell of the ACM Gospel Choir stormed through the second live knockout stages of the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
The competition features live performances from choirs followed by a public vote to determine who is sent home.
Judges described ACM’s performance of Stand By Me as “beautiful, passionate and gorgeous”. Another judge said ACM stood for "absolute choral magic."
Rikki, 19, of Henbrook, told The Hunts Post he was delighted his choir survived the viewers vote making it down to the final four.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
The former Peppercorns Performing Arts pupils, who started singing at the age of 10, said: “It was amazing to perform live. We’re now rehearing particularly non-stop in preparation for the next live show.”
He added: “If you like us, and we make you smile then please vote for us.”
INFORMATION: Last Choir Standing is shown on BBC One on Saturdays at 6.30pm. To view video footage of Rikki and the ACM Gospel Choir in action, visit, www.huntspost24.co.uk To find out more, visit www.bbc.co.uk/lastchoirstanding/