Video: 'Jesus' shaves his hair off for charity
ALL GONE: A man nicknamed Jesus because of his long hair and beard has shaved off his famous facial hair to raise money for his rugby club. Dave Moody, 38, of Sapley Road, Hartford, has raised more than �200 for Huntingdon Stags. Dave, a stay-at-home da
ALL GONE: A man nicknamed "Jesus" because of his long hair and beard has shaved off his famous facial hair to raise money for his rugby club.
Dave Moody, 38, of Sapley Road, Hartford, has raised more than �200 for Huntingdon Stags.
Dave, a stay-at-home dad, had previously not had a shave or hair cut for more than two years and his two-inch long beard had not been trimmed for four months.
He explained: "My nine-year-old son Seth had grown his hair because he wanted to be like me but it was getting a bit long and was flopping in his eyes. We said he should have it cut but he wouldn't do it unless I had mine cut too."
You may also want to watch:
Dave decided to shave his hair off to coincide with the opening of the Stags new club house at Huntingdon Race Course and visited the David William hair salon in Bridge Street, St Ives, on Saturday.
He said: "My hair and beard was my most recognisable feature. I've had my hair this short before but not for a long, long time. It will be nice not getting my hair caught in my rucksack or having a beard that collects half my dinner!"
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
Dave, who has another son, Ethan, seven, said his wife Jill, also 38, was pleased with the results.
However, he added that it would not be long before the beard was back.
"I'll probably keep my hair shorter, although not this short, and the beard will be back because I hate shaving."
Dave coaches the Stags' under sevens team and has played for the club's second, third and veteran teams. His family, including Jill, who is a ward manager at Addenbrooke's Hospital, are involved in the club.