Video: Guided bus receives thumbs up from A14 commuter
WANT to know a bit more about the St Ives to Cambridge Guided Bus? Then take a look at our video, filmed on a finished section of the new guideway that is currently being tested. The Hunts Post was invited aboard one of Stagecoach s new buses on Thursday
WANT to know a bit more about the St Ives to Cambridge Guided Bus? Then take a look at our video, filmed on a finished section of the new guideway that is currently being tested.
The Hunts Post was invited aboard one of Stagecoach's new buses on Thursday (April 16) to see if the service will deliver everything that's been promised.
We sent along Simon Rutt, who lives in St Ives and works in Cambridge, to see if he could be converted from an A14 motorists to a bus passenger.
The result was a surprising 'yes' - surprising for a man who loves his car.
You may also want to watch:
"Smooth and quick," was the result, according to Simon. "I've not seen a bus driver remove his hands from the steering wheel at 60mph before, but the ride was not affected. It was the smoothest bus ride I've ever had."
The full service is not due to come into force until later this year, with the opening planned for the summer.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
However, the new buses Stagecoach has bought to run on the guideway are proving popular with those who've been on board. The buses feature leather seats, air-conditioning and Wi-Fi internet connection.