Video: Guided bus receives thumbs up from A14 commuter
WANT to know a bit more about the St Ives to Cambridge Guided Bus? Then take a look at our video, filmed on a finished section of the new guideway that is currently being tested. The Hunts Post was invited aboard one of Stagecoach s new buses on Thursday
WANT to know a bit more about the St Ives to Cambridge Guided Bus? Then take a look at our video, filmed on a finished section of the new guideway that is currently being tested.
The Hunts Post was invited aboard one of Stagecoach's new buses on Thursday (April 16) to see if the service will deliver everything that's been promised.
We sent along Simon Rutt, who lives in St Ives and works in Cambridge, to see if he could be converted from an A14 motorists to a bus passenger.
The result was a surprising 'yes' - surprising for a man who loves his car.
You may also want to watch:
"Smooth and quick," was the result, according to Simon. "I've not seen a bus driver remove his hands from the steering wheel at 60mph before, but the ride was not affected. It was the smoothest bus ride I've ever had."
The full service is not due to come into force until later this year, with the opening planned for the summer.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
However, the new buses Stagecoach has bought to run on the guideway are proving popular with those who've been on board. The buses feature leather seats, air-conditioning and Wi-Fi internet connection.