Video & Gallery: Thousands turn out for Needingworth Music Festival
SIMPLE THE FEST: It was the best Needingworth Music Festival ever according to the organisers. The free event, which took place at the weekend, attracted an estimated 2,500 visitors over two days. On the Saturday, which ran from 1pm to 10.30pm, bands incl
SIMPLE THE FEST: It was the best Needingworth Music Festival ever according to the organisers.
The free event, which took place at the weekend, attracted an estimated 2,500 visitors over two days.
On the Saturday, which ran from 1pm to 10.30pm, bands included the Red Hot Silly Peppers, Emerald Sky, Ramshackles, Jack, Balcon Trip, The Heaters, TNA, Ian Goodsman and Split Whiskers.
The family and acoustic music day on Sunday included Coup de Grass and Ouse Brothers, as well as a fancy dress competition, children's cocktails, a bouncy castle and stalls as well as teas served by the WI.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Carpenter, drummer with Split Whiskers, who has organised the music at the festival for the past eight years, said: "I think this was the best one we have ever had, down to the organisation and the sunshine. It worked well all day long."
The Needingworth Festival has been going for over 20 years and has developed from bands playing off the back of lorry to a marquee with one band playing at one end while the next sets up at the other.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal