Video & Gallery: St Ives Carnival a great success
ST IVES annual two-day carnival and music festival was a tremendous success at the weekend (July 11 and 12). Thousands of people from across the county visited the event, which is getting bigger every year. Saturday s carnival procession, made up of a f
ST IVES' annual two-day carnival and music festival was a tremendous success at the weekend (July 11 and 12).
Thousands of people from across the county visited the event, which is getting bigger every year.
Saturday's carnival procession, made up of a few floats decorated by the town's schools, made its way through St Ives, starting at Hill Riseand finishing in Warner's Park.
The procession was greeted in the park by the Mayor of St Ives, Councillor Brian Luter.
You may also want to watch:
This year's entertainment in the park was provided by the Xtreme Black Belt Academy, St Ives Majorettes, the Guitart School of Dancing, St Ives Aikido, an amazing belly dancing demonstration and a performance by Brazilian band, Arco-Irif.
Carnival chairman Shaun "Moonie" Collins said: "This year's event was the biggest it has been so far.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
"The carnival float award was won by Thorndown Primary School and the park was packed all day."
On Sunday the music festival kept the people of St Ives entertained in Warner's Park where a variety of local bands played to a large crowd.
Mr Collins added: "The music festival had an estimated 4,000 visitors. The sun came out and Big 10 went down great.