Video & Gallery: Red Nose Day fever sweeps through Hunts
RED Nose fever will be sweeping through Huntingdonshire schools and businesses today (Friday, March 13) as people young and old do something funny for money. Mothers from the St Neots and District National Childbirth Trust (NCT) Bumps and Babes group hel
RED Nose fever will be sweeping through Huntingdonshire schools and businesses today (Friday, March 13) as people young and old do something funny for money.
Mothers from the St Neots and District National Childbirth Trust (NCT) Bumps and Babes group held their fundraising event a day early by dressing in red yesterday (Thursday).
The morning of fun included a competition for the most imaginative interpretation of dressing a baby in something odd. Costumes included a baby dressed in a swimsuit and a girl in boy's clothes. They also held a bring-and-buy cake sale.
Nicola Bonell, organiser, said "As new mums we all have a heightened awareness of the needs of others, and this seemed a great way for us to raise some money and have some fun at the same time."
More than 20 mums helped raise �80 for Comic Relief by attending the event at the Eaton's Children's Centre in Eaton Socon.
Red Nose activities taking place today (Friday) include children at Wheatfields Nursery in St Ives spending the day dressed in their pyjamas.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 4 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 7 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 8 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
In St Neots pupils at Longsands College will be taking part in a sponsored fancy dress walk and youngsters at Priory Park Playgroup will be wearing spotty or stripey trousers.
Children at Ramsey Spinning Infants School will be designing their own spotty t-shirts and youngsters at Whitehall School in Somersham will be placing pennies on a red nose and icing biscuits
At St Ivo School a student will be replacing the deputy headteacher for the day and at St Peters School in Huntingdon children will be apple bobbing and dressing up.
Staff at Spec Savers in Huntingdon will be taking part in a sponsored bike-a-thon.
This evening (Friday) customers at the Robin Hood pub, St Ives will be holding an evening of Red Nose fun with sponsored waxing, head shaving and a live DJ.
Money raised will go to help communities in the UK and Africa.
INFORMATION: E-mail your Red Nose fundraising totals and pictures to Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to keep checking The Hunts Post website for more Red Nose Day pictures.