Vicious attack at skate park
Report by NATALIE BOWYER and ANDREW McGILL A MAN has been charged with attempted murder after a vicious attack at a skate park left a Huntingdon man in a critical condition in hospital. Luke Bruce, 21, of Wolff Close, Sapley, will appear in front of Peter
Report by NATALIE BOWYER and ANDREW McGILL
A MAN has been charged with attempted murder after a vicious attack at a skate park left a Huntingdon man in a critical condition in hospital.
Luke Bruce, 21, of Wolff Close, Sapley, will appear in front of Peterborough Crown Court next Thursday (December 21) accused of attempting to murder Grant Barham.
Police were called to the skate park near to Sapley Square, Huntingdon at 10.30pm on Tuesday evening (December 12) after reports of a serious assault. Ambulance crews arrived on the scene and Mr Barham was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with injuries described as life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barham suffered serious injuries to his head and face in the attack and remained in a critical condition at Addenbrooke's neurology care unit today (Thursday).
Mr Bruce, wearing a hooded grey top, listened as Sylvia Cundell, prosecuting at Huntingdon Magistrates Court, outlined details of the alleged offence. She said: "It is alleged that Mr Bruce kicked his victim in the head, stamped on his head and repeatedly punched him as he lay on the ground.
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio
"The defendant also expressed an intent to kill his victim."
Mr Bruce was also charged with assaulting a police officer and an unrelated charge of burglary of items worth £3,765. He was remanded in custody and ordered to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on December 21 to enter a plea.
Meanwhile, police are appealing for further witnesses to the incident.
Detective Inspector Ian Simmons, said: "This was a violent attack on a young man and it is vital that we find out what happened in the moments leading up to it."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Huntingdon police station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.