Vehicles and sound equipment seized at suspected illegal rave
TWO MEN were arrested and two vehicles and sound equipment seized at a suspected illegal rave near Brampton on Saturday.A member of the public alerted the police at just before midnight after spotting a convoy of around seven vehicles heading into a natu
TWO MEN were arrested and two vehicles and sound equipment seized at a suspected illegal rave near Brampton on Saturday.
A member of the public alerted the police at just before midnight after spotting a convoy of around seven vehicles heading into a nature reserve between Brampton and Buckden.
The force helicopter was sent to monitor the convoy and police were deployed to the nature reserve. When officers arrived, they discovered a padlock and chain locking a gate to the nature reserve had been cut, and two vehicles had been parked inside.
The vehicles contained speakers and sound equipment. Officers seized both vehicles along with the equipment and arrested two men on suspicion of criminal damage. One of the men was aged 26 and from the Peterborough area and the second was aged 25, and from Harlow in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Both men have since been bailed to return to Huntingdon Police Station on July 23.
Four other people at the reserve were reported for licence offences.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
The group and vehicles were dispersed before any rave could begin.
A police spokesperson said: "Police are aware of how disruptive these incidents can be to people living in nearby areas and we will respond to any concerns with positive action.
"This recent case at Brampton demonstrates that we will intervene to shut down any illegal events of this nature."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 4564564.